Query related to Sequence Trigger

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ayan
Participant

Query related to Sequence Trigger

Post by ayan »

I have 2 jobs in a sequence in seires,connected by OK trigger.Warn limit for the jobs is 0 . Now if the first job finishes with say 10 warnings,will the second job run?
Ayan
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

No, as the trigger is set to OK, the second job wont be called if first job finished with warnings.
ayan
Participant

Post by ayan »

Ok.A custom trigger is probably required then.Another thing is tthat if I am running a sequence with 3 jobs(running concurrently) and one them finishes with Warning and the rest finish OK;in that case what will be the status of the sequence?Will it be finished with Warnings?
Ayan
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Eventually, the status of the Sequence Job should be Finished With Warnings, but in some cases , i have observed even though one job finishes with warnings, the Sequence job staus is Finished.

For handling this, Enable "Automatically Handle Activities That Fail" in the job properties of the Sequence job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Sequence job itself will generally finish fine, regardless of how many warnings the jobs it runs have. Options like the 'Automatically handle activities that fail' can change that behaviour, or course, of the use of a Terminator stage, which cause the actual Sequence job generate warnings or even aborts.
Last edited by chulett on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And yes, you'd either need two triggers and a Sequencer or a custom trigger to allow a downstream job to fire if the previous job finished OK or with Warnings.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is, of course, another compilation option in the sequence, to log a warning if any activity finishes with a status other than OK. If this option is selected, and an activity finishes with a status other than OK, then the sequence simply can not finish with a status of OK (Finished).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.