Usage Analysis

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sachin1
Participant

Usage Analysis

Post by sachin1 »

Hi All,

when i do Usage Analysis for a particular job in Data Stage Manager, i get nothing in output, i mean their is no information displayed.

Thanks,
Sachin.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there a message in the status bar indicating that no items were found/selected?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Usage Analysis on a job will only find a "job" in which the selected job was used if the selected job is in a successfully compiled sequence. The Usage Anaysis will find the sequence.

Usage Analysis is primarily intended to be used with table definitions, stage types, data elements, transforms and routines, to answer the question "in which jobs is this component used?". Primarily table definitions, so that you can assess the impact on your DataStage jobs when the table structure is changed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

Thanks Ray.