Logging off DataStage Job and Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nandela.sudheer
Participant

Logging off DataStage Job and Designer

Post by nandela.sudheer »

When we opened a DataStage designer, there will be two process will be created in DataStage(dscs 5 0 0, dsapi_slave 8 7 0).

When I am closing data Stage Job and application. Still these processes are running. Every time by using DataStage Director I have to logoff these sessions. This is a big resource issue when multiple jobs running. And it is creating a Job Controller Issue.

Please suggest what might causing this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Sudheer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A normal close of Designer should kill those processes. Is there anything... unusual... with your setup? Connecting over VPN or via a Citrix server, for instance?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nandela.sudheer
Participant

Post by nandela.sudheer »

Not using VPN or Citrix server. Yes, It looks like setup issue. If this is setup issue what may cause this issue? We have requested IBM look into this issue. They asked us to run some commands and send the output. Send those outputs. But we couldn't receive the correct answer from months. We installed some patchs also between as directed by support group.

I felt this is the right place, where more experienced and techincal people who can help us better and faster.

Thanks!
Sudheer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you let us know what commands they asked you to run? Also, what kind of UNIX is your server O/S and what is your exact version of DataStage? Any ideas on what patches you installed?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers