Exception raised in GCI subroutine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lak4u
Participant

Exception raised in GCI subroutine

Post by lak4u »

Hi I am getting folowing error and I checked in RT_BP90 also but I don't see any 553 line in that file JOB.486106680.DT.1514650636.TRANS1
,I know they are few threads on this topic but I couldn't find solution

anybody can please help

DataStage Job 90 Phantom 5288
Program "DSD.SEQOpen": Line 553, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage gp_export_JDE_ARCASH..ARCASH
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That line number is from the SEQOpen routine, not the transformer. Are you reading from or writing to this file? Is it repeatable or a 'random' error?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lak4u
Participant

Post by lak4u »

chulett wrote:That line number is from the SEQOpen routine, not the transformer. Are you reading from or writing to this file? Is it repeatable or a 'random' error? ...
Its writing into text file.Its a 'Random error' but I swa this error couple time before also.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm afraid I don't know exactly what that 'access violation' would mean. Any other issues when it happens, disk space perhaps? Are you running anti-virus software on that server? Any chance another process is trying to 'use' the file at the same time, perhaps even trying to write to it as well?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Also, could the file be in a remotely mounted location? You can also try to locate what is happening at line 553 by going into TCL or issuing the following command from the admin tool :

Code: Select all

VLIST DSD_BP DSD_SEQOpen.B
the first column is the source line number. Sometimes one can decode the action from the generated opcodes. If not, just post lines 540 through 570 here - every version of DS can have different code in this place and as I have version 8 here I can't check what my line 553 states and compare it with yours.