Creating hash file through command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ragunathan13
Participant

Creating hash file through command

Post by ragunathan13 »

Hi,

I have a requirement in my project to create a hash file in a specified directory with the given name, I tried to create hash file through CREATE.FILE FILENAME command from TCL and it is creating the file at project directory only. When I was trying to prefix the directory name with the file name, the command is throwing an error.

Could anyone please help me to create a hash file to the specific directory through command.

Thanks,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can find the syntax in any job's log that creates one - the command is 'mkdbfile' and the syntax is also documented in the HFC or Hashed File Calculator utility on your client CDROM.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Thanks Chulett,

This mkdbfile comment has many parameters, how to know these parameters information.

Could you please help me to get this.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

did you check the HFC utility documentation as suggested? The minimal syntax for mkdbfile is:

mkdbfile {HashedFilePathAndName} {type} {modulus} {separation}

type 30 (dynamic) files have a different syntax:

mkdbfile {HashedFilePathAndName} 30 {MinModulus} {GroupSize} {HashType (20 for General, 21 for SEQ.NUM)} {MergePct} {SplitPct} {LargeRecSize}

The UniVerse documentation will list all the mkdbfile options.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

HFC is on the client CDROM under 'Utilities/Unsupported' or perhaps the other way 'round. As noted, it's all there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers