Project Deletion Unsuccessful

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

Project Deletion Unsuccessful

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

When i was creating a new project in Administrator, due to some issue in unix server, my DS adminstrator got closed abruptly. So the project has not created completely.

When i tried logging again to the adminstrator it throws error message related to the project which i was creating. So i deleted this project from the project directory in the unix server manually. Even then it gives the error message like "Unable to connect to the Server and then that project name".

From the other post i got the info like to delete the entry from UV.account file and then from the Xmeta repository. I am not clear about how to do this steps.

Can someone help me to resolved this issue???

Many Thanks,

Senthil Kumar P
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi all,

Any update please...Thanks,

Senthil P
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: If anyone has anything to contribute, they will. Patience. If you don't want to wait, contact your official support provider, something I think you'll need to do regardless now that you've manually deleted part of the project.

Can you post a link to this "other post" you found?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Particularly on weekends you need patience. Some of us actually have a life.

Deleting a directory is not the same as deleting a project. There are entries in the repository and entries in the DataStage "system tables" UV_SCHEMA and UV.ACCOUNT that describe the existence and location of each project. You would need to clean these up as well.

Search for VERIFY.SQL to learn about the command to manage the UV_SCHEMA table. UV.ACCOUNT is a straightforward DELETE command. I don't yet have enough information about the XMETA repository to advise on what you need to do there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

By using a UNIX level delete of the directory you have corrupted your project and no longer can delete it normally.

Try creating a new dummy project, then copying that directory contents to your old project directory and re-trying your delete.

Ahh, I just saw that you have version 8, that method may no longer work.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies....

I tried using the Delete command,
DELETE UV.ACCOUNT 'DWTest'
DELETE FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'DWTest';

But i couldnt get the tables UV.ACCOUNT in the Xmeta database. also there is no schema called UV.

Please let me know from where i can query this.

Find the list of available schemas below in XMETA database.

TABSCHEMA
-----------
SYSCAT
SYSIBM
SYSIBMADM
SYSSTAT
SYSTOOLS
TSAINST2
XMETA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:contact your official support provider, something I think you'll need to do regardless now that you've manually deleted
even more of the project.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It would be practical to determine if (a) you can still create a "new" project and (b) if you can get into it and use this new project. ...and then forget about the old project that won't delete. Ignore it. Spend your time on building the new jobs that you are working on!

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

But... but... they'd never be able to use "DWTest" as a project name ever again! :shock:

[/kidding]
-craig

senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Ernie,

The problem here is i am unable to login to the Adminstrator because of this issue. So i am not able to create new project.

Thanks for all your help...

Will get in touch with Support provider and update you...

Senthil Kumar P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

UV.ACCOUNT is not in the XMETA database at all. It is a "system table" for the DataStage server engine itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the info....

So where should we use and execute these queries??
DELETE UV.ACCOUNT 'Project'
DELETE FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'Project';

Is it in DS Admin Command prompt???

Regards,
senthil Kumar P
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Those commands are used in the command tool or from a dssh shell; but they won't necessarily solve your problem. Deleting the UV.ACCOUNT entry does not remove the schema and does not address any entries in xmeta.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ok.. missed that you weren't able to get into the Administrator. I would have hoped that it would just choke on "that" project when trying to put it into the list. Keep us posted.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

Finally this issue is resolved by Support Provider(IBM). We have to clean the project entries in UV file and then the Xmeta. We can clean it in UV but to remove the entries from Xmeta its look complex only they can solve this with the scripts.

This is for your info.

Senthil P