Problem with Sequence Run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

Problem with Sequence Run

Post by aladap12 »

HI All

I have a Job seqence that is scheduled to run every day.
When I ran the whole seq with my credentials it is working fine,
when we call it from the scheduler it is failing.

Log tells me that unable to open the .txt file. when I recompile ran the job locally it is working fine.

I need to notify one more thing . File name is not same as I have in Parameter set (Case difference). When I ran manually it is running fine,
when we are running the same job with admin id it is not running properly..

My question is does datastage case sensitive when reading the .txt file.

If yes ,, then why it is ignoring case if I ran the job sequencer out side the schedular..

Please suggest me

Thanks
VKR
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Windows is not case sEnsiTive. Can you post the full unedited error messages, please, from the scheduled run?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
aladap12
Participant

Thanks for the response

Post by aladap12 »

chulett wrote:Windows is not case sEnsiTive. Can you post the full unedited error messages, please, from the scheduled run? ...
Get_Schools..School_abc_out: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open P_abc.txt in directory \\mtdapp09\P311\InputFiles\Schools
STATUS = 13

But actual file p_abc.txt.

when I ran it out side the schedular we are good
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, UNC path - this file is actually on a remote server. UNIX or Windows? Is the filename a job parameter or coded in the job? No clue what a 13 is but I'd double-check permissions.
-craig

aladap12
Participant

Post by aladap12 »

chulett wrote:So, UNC path - this file is actually on a remote server. UNIX or Windows? Is the filename a job parameter or coded in the job? No clue what a 13 is but I'd double-check permissions. ...
We are in Windows.And the file is in DS server only.

Before this job activity we have excute command activity that calls core ftp.exe and gets file from remote server to Datastage server.

Exec--->seq--->Job
Seq trigger set as on sucess to further .. if fails it terminates the job.I mean exec comm reply other than 0 then it fails.

..Point is when we schedule this job from DS schedular than it is aborting in the job activity and in the log it says me like unable to open the file..

If I ran the job sequencer manually with my credentials it is sucessfully finished..

I am still not figured out what would be the reason.. Why it is failing with adming user, not in my case...

Please suggest me..

Thanks
VKR
aladap12
Participant

we are using the parameter sets, file name coming from there

Post by aladap12 »

aladap12 wrote:
chulett wrote:So, UNC path - this file is actually on a remote server. UNIX or Windows? Is the filename a job parameter or coded in the job? No clue what a 13 is but I'd double-check permissions. ...

Before this job activity we have excute command activity that calls core ftp.exe and gets file from remote server to Datastage server.

Exec--->seq--->Job
Seq trigger set as on sucess to further .. if fails it terminates the job.I mean exec comm reply other than 0 then it fails.

..Point is when we schedule this job from DS schedular than it is aborting in the job activity and in the log it says me like unable to open the file..

If I ran the job sequencer manually with my credentials it is sucessfully finished..

I am still not figured out what would be the reason.. Why it is failing with adming user, not in my case...

Please suggest me..

Thanks
VKR
aladap12
Participant

Re: we are using the parameter sets, file name coming from t

Post by aladap12 »

aladap12 wrote:
aladap12 wrote:

Exec--->seq--->Job

Please suggest me..

Thanks
VKR

In addition to that we are using parameter sets , we are getting file name from there. No hard coded in the job level
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, here's a free bit of Forum Etiquette advice:

Please don't quote everything every time you post. Use the 'Reply with Quote' option when it is appropriate so people know what you are replying to if there might be any confusion, but most of the time that's not needed and there's a perfectly loverly Reply to Topic button lower down that starts you off with a clean slate. Just like this.

And do not put your reply in the Subject line, no-one can see it there until they go to Reply and most of the time they won't even bother.
-craig

aladap12
Participant

Post by aladap12 »

[Thanks for the advice, I am sorry for that.

Thanks
VKR
aladap12
Participant

Post by aladap12 »

Can you any one give any suggestions regarding my Issue.

Thanks
VKR[/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm curious why you are using a UNC path to the file when it allegedly resides locally on your DataStage server? You certain it's not on a mapped drive? That would only be used for 'network' resources, hence the question. And probably your issue.
-craig

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

When you ftp the file over, what id are you using? Once the file is created, check the permissions of the file and make sure that the id that your scheduler uses to fire off the jobs has atleast read permissions to it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.