DSExecute ("UV","SELECT...FROM <hash>..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senga
Participant

DSExecute ("UV","SELECT...FROM <hash>..

Post by senga »

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm new to datastage server part: I know a bit of DS development, but almost nothing of the server part :( Nevertheless, I hope I'll be able to explain things clearly here! Sorry if information is missing.

I'm trying to setup a DS project on a new server (HP-UX) without any information, and I'm facing a small problem (well, actually, more than one :) but this one is a bit harder for me to solve!) :

when starting the project, it uses a Server Job to execute other jobs. It's started with this command:

Code: Select all

dsjob -run -mode NORMAL -param LISTJOB=<parallel_job_name> -wait <project_name> <server_job_name>.UNIX_<parallel_job_name>
This Server Job has code in his Job Control, especially code to get parameters from a hash file:

DSProjetName = DSGetProjectInfo(DSJ.PROJECTNAME)

FindParam="GPAR_DS_Wrapped"
      GoSub FindParamValue
      GPAR_DS_Wrapped=FindValue
with the FindParamValue "function" being defined as:

FindParamValue:
      Call DSExecute ("UV","SELECT ParamValue FROM .trap.hash where ParamName LIKE '":FindParam:"';", UVRequest, UVCode) ; 
      UVNbLine = DCount(UVRequest, @FM) ; 
      FindValue = ""
The point is that this DSExecute command doesn't find the .trap.hash file. On my server, it's located under /product/project_name/version/config/.trap.hash.
This file is ok, I think that the only problem here is that I'm missing some part of DS configuration to specify where the file is.

But I've absolutely no idea on the way to configure that!

Any help would be very appreciated ;o)

Thanks.

Alexis
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

It Seems .trap.hash is a directory pathed hashed File. For doing a select from the directory pathed hashed file, you have to SET the path in VOC.
Search the forum for the keyword SETFILE.
senga
Participant

Post by senga »

wooooot !

Yeah, that seems to work! Well actually, project didn't work (of course: that would be too easy), but it passes this issue. I had a doubt as the name of the file was the same than the one of the "pointer" in the VOC, so I started with wrong path (without filename), but now it's ok.

A very very big thanks!