LIST.READU not showing locked jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harish_s_ampeo
Participant

LIST.READU not showing locked jobs

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

The Locked job is not getting listed when i execute LIST.READU from administrator or datastage prompt.It is not showing up under
"clean up resources" in director also.Tried clearing RTLOG file of the locked job,but its not releasing the lock.Is there any other way to get it unlocked?
yousuff1710
Participant

Post by yousuff1710 »

Through Web Console, you can disconnect the session.
Identiy the session id of the locked job & then disconnect.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The lock, then, is in the unified metadata repository (XMETA), not the local DataStage project repository. Locks in this repository are stored in a table called XMETALOCKINFO. As noted, however, the appropriate way to clear the lock is to use the session ID reported in the "job locked" message and disconnect that session using the Web Console for Infomation Server.

I don't know why you attempted to do anything with RT_LOGnnnn; "log" and "lock" are totally different words and concepts.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
harish_s_ampeo
Participant

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

When I checked XMETALOCKINFO table , I find that -If a user has opened 3 jobs in a session there are 3 rows against that user id,session_id with unique values for "Repository_ID" and "Locked_At" . If I want to release one particular job,How to find which row points to which job?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Why not use the web console, as suggested earlier? It is simple and accurate.
harish_s_ampeo
Participant

Post by harish_s_ampeo »

Is it not like, when I disconnect a session from webconsole all jobs assosciated with that session will get released?For eg,I have 2 jobs open in a session, I have made changes to both the jobs but not saved.When I give view data on one job,its struck over there.In this case I would like to kill that particulr job alone,wouldn't wish to redo both the jobs.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

True, using that method would release all jobs open in that session. The locks should show up in the LIST.READU command.
shiva_reddys447
Participant

Post by shiva_reddys447 »

ArndW wrote:True, using that method would release all jobs open in that session. The locks should show up in the LIST.READU command. ...
Hi ,

May i know the procedure to connect to XMETALOCKINFO table

because earlier i was connecting to UV databse by executing uvsh or dssh.

And i understood that it requires to connect XMETA to get access to table

XMETALOCKINFO
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What database do you use for the XMETA database? Use a regular client for that particular database. Note that affecting XMETALOCKINFO directly is neither supported nor recommended by the vendor. You should use the Web Console wherever possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.