How to clear the job status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinoth venkitapathy
Participant

How to clear the job status

Post by vinoth venkitapathy »

Hi,
our's is a server sequence job and it is run by a shell script.The script has the restartability function that is, the script reads the last run status from the jobstaus in the source path and triggers the last failed job if the sequencer has aborted otherwise it will start from the beginning.Now we want to run the sequencer from the starting eventhough last run has failed,is there any command to clear the status of the job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the command line (script), no.

You could recompile the jobs, using dscc, but that's not the same as clearing the status even though it has that as one of its effects.

But are you permitted to recompile in production?!!! Not at any site I run.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should, however, be able to reset the job from the command line to the same effect. Can't check the actual syntax from here at the moment.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

CLEAR.FILE RT_STATUSxxxxxx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not from a script (without being wrapped in an invocation of a DataStage shell).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.