source and target database with different NLS character sets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh.mohandass
Participant

source and target database with different NLS character sets

Post by satheesh.mohandass »

Hi,

Our source oracle 10g database has been created with US7ASCII NLS Characterset whereas the Target oracle 10g database has been created with AL32UTF8 NLS Characterset.

I have a data stage job which extracts the data from source database into a sequential file and an another job that loads the data from sequential file into the Target database. One of the column in source database table say col1 has some multi byte characters. When i try to load this data into the target database it is unable to insert the data.

I tried running the jobs by changing the NLS charcter set from default ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 i tried this at the Project level , job level and Stage level. But somehow datastage is unable to interpret the multi byte character thats coming from Column col1.

How do we resolve the issue of loading the Multi byte character into the target database. We have this issue not just for one column in one table but for multiple columns in several tables.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

US7ASCII is not multibyte. You may be able to read this data with a map of NONE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I think if your project is NLS enabled then you can specify the char set on the stage.
Mamu Kim