Metadata Mismatch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Metadata Mismatch

Post by pravin1581 »

Hi All,

We are trying to load data from Db2 into SQL server 2005. But we are getting the following warning

Code: Select all

DSD.BCIOpenW results of SQLColAttributes(finAttDedAmt) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = BigInt Actual = Numeric

where finAttDedAmt is the column name in the source and the destination tables. In the database we see that the datatype of the column is defined as BigInt and same is used in the job as well but still this warning is generated and it is happening for all the columns which have BigInt datatype.

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not sure if the ODBC interface supports BigInt as a datatype. Are values in the BigInt range (i.e. greater than what an Int can handle, for example 2147483649 ) correctly loaded?
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ArndW wrote:I'm not sure if the ODBC interface supports BigInt as a datatype. Are values in the BigInt range (i.e. greater than what an Int can handle, for example 2147483649 ) correctly loaded? ...
Are you referring to the values that the field can hold. I looked into the database and there are some values as 5000000000, 16000000000 . If that is the case then what should be the solution, because we have also tried Integer datatype and it again gives warning

DSD.BCIOpenW results of SQLColAttributes(column name) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = Integer Actual = Numeric
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not change them to... Numeric? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Have you tried importing metadata using orchestrate. if not then try it and see what datatype is returned.

also try to use "Numeric" datatype to see if the warning goes off.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

priyadarshikunal wrote:Have you tried importing metadata using orchestrate.
Of course, posting in the server forum, they may be a server-only licence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suresh.angadi
Participant

Re: Metadata Mismatch

Post by suresh.angadi »

Hi Praveen,

Bigint support 8 byte so the vlues you have specified can be fit into that, problem is why it is giving the warning, please wether the MS SQL server supports the bigint datatype if not convert it the required datatype supported by MS SQL database and then use datatype conversion functions if required (see the datatype conversion map from help).

Regards
Suresh Angadi
pravin1581 wrote:Hi All,

We are trying to load data from Db2 into SQL server 2005. But we are getting the following warning

DSD.BCIOpenW results of SQLColAttributes(finAttDedAmt) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = BigInt Actual = Numeric

where finAttDedAmt is the column name in the source and the destination tables. In the database we see that the datatype of the column is defined as BigInt and same is used in the job as well but still this warning is generated and it is happening for all the columns which have BigInt datatype.

Thanks in advance.
Suresh Angadi