HASH FILE error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arnie_nits
Participant

HASH FILE error

Post by arnie_nits »

Hi,

I have got an error when I tried to use a hash file for look up. I am unable to get the solution.
Below is the error:
CUSTOMERFORM_Delta..hLkp_F_TCLIENT_CONTACT.IDENT1: |CUSTOMERFORM_Delta..hLkp_F_TCLIENT_CONTACT.ILkp_F_TCLIENT_CONTACT: DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: invalid number of arguments
SH: line 2: /hILkp_CUSTOMERFORM: No such file or directory
.|

Please help.

Regards,
Arnie
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage is trying to open the file "/hILkp_CUSTOMERFORM". Does it exist right at the root level?
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

Well, actually I am new to server jobs and hash files.....what I am trying to do is a delta load....in the first run itself the job got aborted with that error.....
So my doubt is... should there be a hash file in the directory before the first run??
Please tell me how to do this....

Thanks and regards,
Arnie.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Normally a hashed file should not be in the root directory, and since you are using this file as a reference lookup it must exist at runtime.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just saw the "SH" (for "SH"ell) in the error message. Could it be that your job has a before-job call which might create this file using the mkdbfile command?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Or the hash directory parameter not passed any value.