how i transfer my as/400 files into unix box

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

how i transfer my as/400 files into unix box

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi Chulett,

how could i transfer by as/400 files into my unix box,ultra edit from where i am going to import into datastageserver edition.

Thanks
sunitha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why ask just me rather than everyone? :?

Talk to your AS/400 and UNIX administrators, see what approved ways you have to transfer files between those boxes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any idea to move my files from AS/400 to unix box because for a single file i can move using ajob ftp stge->hash file, we don't want to hit as/400 box for every file we want to use .i should pull all the as/400 libraries into unix box ,so from this unix box i will import files using ds to develop my jobs .i got stuck up at the source level itself,and my work is not in progress.
Thanks
sunitha
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

sunitha_cts wrote:Hi all,

Can anyone give me any idea to move my files from AS/400 to unix box because for a single file i can move using ajob ftp stge->hash file, we don't want to hit as/400 box for every file we want to use .i should pull all the as/400 libraries into unix box ,so from this unix box i will import files using ds to develop my jobs .i got stuck up at the source level itself,and my work is not in progress.
Thanks
sunitha
there are two ways :
one is to download files from the library using iseries and save it as csv file,upload to unix and then go ahead with datastage jobs

second, directly connect to database by configuring odbc.ini file for db2 WIRE PROTOCOL
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

sunitha_cts wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
sunitha
there are two ways :
one is to download files from the library using iseries and save it as csv file,upload to unix and then go ahead with datastage jobs

second, directly connect to database by configuring odbc.ini file for db2 WIRE PROTOCOL
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

Applicable only if you are DB2 WIRE PROTOCOL or you have ISERIES to access the database.
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

i don't want to hit as/400 libraries once i pull all the as/400 files into unix box
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Talk to your AS/400 and UNIX administrators, see what approved ways you have to transfer files between those boxes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

I should use a script to pull all the libraries to the unix box.

as/400,>etl->unix ,by using a etl job ,all the libraries reside in the unix box.
the etl job is like 2) seq->hash file this job is as given below

i should move 5 flat files in unix box having different metadata by using the same job 2)how could it be done,
job is hash file->transformer->hasf file moving all the flat files shuld be done using single job ,how could it be done.what the configuartion i should i should set up.
Thanks
sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please delete your duplicate thread that you just started with exactly this same post.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.