Datastage Client 7.5.1 Service Pack 3 Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

goriparthi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Datastage Client 7.5.1 Service Pack 3 Issue

Post by goriparthi »

Hi Guys,

I was trying to install Datastage Client 7.5.1 on my machine which has service pack 3 , Installation is done without errors but could not open Director and Manager , Designer and Administrator are working fine

Just to give a brief of what happened

I recently installed it on my laptop but then my laptop was on sp2 everything worked fine Then i installed windows sp3 , still worked fine

But had to reslam the machine becasue of some other problem with Mainframe

So after reslamming the machine its on Windows SP3 and i did the installation again

This time it gave me this problem where i cannot open director and manager , it just hangs.

I did some searching here and found Chuletts posts and installed client on the existing version but even that didnt help.

Please let me know if someone went through this problem before.

Thanks in Advance
goriparthi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by goriparthi »

Any Ideas Please
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Other than what I posted? Apparently not, and I'm not sure many businesses have deployed SP3. If what worked for me didn't for you, then it seems to me that you either need to see about rolling back SP3 or contact your official support provider for a patch / workaround, see if it's a known issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
goriparthi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by goriparthi »

Hi Craig ,

It worked , issue is with the 7.5.1 Datastage Fix , i installed it it and it worked fine.

Thanks for your Support