Multi-instance Job completes - doing nothing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramesh_dw
Participant

Multi-instance Job completes - doing nothing

Post by ramesh_dw »

I have a server job(multiple instance) that runs every hour. It loads data for the first 2 runs and after that just starts and completes immediately without any errors (it does not even initiate the stages). Log has the start message, Env settings and then finish message. (just 3 lines in director)

If I compile the job again, it runs properly for a few more runs.

I have run into this issue couple of years ago with PX, but could not recollect the resolution. (something to do with log purging I guess)

Have you guys run into this issue before?

Appreciate your help.

BTW.. I did search the forum trying to find some help.. still trying..

Thanks
Ramesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have auto-purge set for this job in the director? If yes, that might be part of the problem.
ramesh_dw
Participant

Post by ramesh_dw »

ArndW wrote:Do you have auto-purge set for this job in the director? If yes, that might be part of the problem. ...
No, I dont have an auto-purge setting at job level. I have it set at the project level to purge logs older than 2 days. In effect I will be storing logs for 48 executions for every job. Do you think 48 logs would be a problem?

I have created a new project with auto purge settings as 1 day and running the schedule to see if that is the cause.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The number doesn't matter, it was a bug from simply having it on that Arnd is worried about. Make sure it is off/disabled for this particular job and see if that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ramesh_dw
Participant

Post by ramesh_dw »

chulett wrote:The number doesn't matter, it was a bug from simply having it on that Arnd is worried about. Make sure it is off/disabled for this particular job and see if that helps. ...
I did verify and there is no job level settings. The new project schedule seems to be running fine for almost 10 runs now. I hope that resolves the issue. I guess I have to wait for 1 more day to confirm that.