QUERY IN SERVER JOBS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

QUERY IN SERVER JOBS

Post by sunitha_cts »

HI all,

I am coding jobs in server edition,i want to know clearly the concept of resuability ,because i should impement and show resuability in my jobs.i know that clearly we can do it by container and we have local and server shared container also ,i don't know how to implement ,can anyone guide me regarding this concept.

Secondly i have 2 flat files say read f1 and f2 ,read f1 names file and check if name stem (first 4 characters of name )is present in f2 names stem file.I f found update sequence number else add new name stem with sequence number increment sequence number or all records in f2 by 1. HOW CAN I IMPLEMEN THIS ?

KINDLY GIVE A SOLUTION
THANKS
SUNITHA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: The convention here is one topic = one problem or question. Please don't string multiple unrelated questions into a single topic. Kindly give a new post for the flat file question. And please start doing a better job of chosing a more appropriate subject.
Last edited by chulett on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Containers are clearly documented in Chapter 5 of the Designer Guide pdf.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Think also about Templates or prototype jobs, creating routines that are more general than specific (and perhaps Transforms to interface to them via more meaningful names. And the big one is table definitions - import them once, with column descriptions added, and only ever use Load to bring them into job designs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.