no sumarized records using Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

no sumarized records using Aggregator

Post by boligoma »

Hi,

I'm using this:

hashed file --> Aggregator --> hashed file

In the first hashed file, I'm having 11 columns, 10 of them are keys. In the second one is the same but with 8 keys. When I sumarize using aggregator, it gives me the same ammount on both hashed files.

The hashed files characteristics are the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not without a better idea what kind of 'summarization' you're doing in the Aggregator. Are you grouping on the 8 keys you've mentioned? Doing what with the other fields? And by 'same amount on both hashed files' are you saying that the number of records pulled from the first hashed file is the same number of records coming from the Aggregator to the second hashed file? If so, have you confirmed how many records are actually in the second hashed file?

And I'm also unsure what you mean by saying the 'hashed file characteristics are the same'... in what way, specifically? :?

In other words, I think we need to take another stab at explaining your issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This would be a valid result if each combination of the first eight columns in the source hashed file had only a single row associated with it.

You can check whether this is the case using an appropriate query, probaby with HAVING COUNT(*) > 1 as one of its clauses.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: no sumarized records using Aggregator

Post by vivekgadwal »

boligoma wrote:Hi,

hashed file --> Aggregator --> hashed file

In the first hashed file, I'm having 11 columns, 10 of them are keys. In the second one is the same but with 8 keys. When I sumarize using aggregator, it gives me the same ammount on both hashed files.

The hashed files characteristics are the same.

Thanks,
Also, please bear in mind, I am sure you know about it, that if the 10 keys are the same for any two records, the previous record will be overwritten inside a Hashed file.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Hi...

I still don't know how it the aggregator works from hashed file to hashed file. Instead, I use a DB table as destiny and it worked fine.

Also, I used the same ammount of columns in the first hashed file that are going to be sumarized or grouped by.

Thanks!!!!
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com