Moving from DataStage 8.1 to DataStage 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lak4u
Participant

Moving from DataStage 8.1 to DataStage 7.5

Post by lak4u »

I want to know if there is any why to move DataStage 8.1 projects to DataStage 7.5.

I know we can migrate from DataStage 7.5 to DataStage 8.x but I need rverse. Please le me know if anybody knows

Thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage is backwards-compatible, but not necessarily forwards-compatible. You can do an export in V8, then edit the .dsx file so that the header information shows the one required for V7 (I'm not at a DataStage installation, so can't give you the exact numbers); the import at V7 might show warning and/or errors but you should at least get something loaded and can check to make sure that all jobs compile and run correctly. Naturally any stages or functionality that exists in V8 and doesn't exist in V7 won't function.
lak4u
Participant

Post by lak4u »

ArndW wrote:DataStage is backwards-compatible, but not necessarily forwards-compatible. You can do an export in V8, then edit the .dsx file so that the header information shows the one required for V7 (I'm not a ...
Thanks for reply.Your message was missing,please send me again

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The message was not missing. Arnd is a premium poster, and his words are worth paying for. It's not expensive (less than 30c per day) to obtain a premium membership, after which you will be able to read the entirety of premium members' posts. Premium memberships are one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are funded.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.