dsjob and dsapi_slave are still alive after the job finished

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dinagiza
Premium Member
Premium Member

dsjob and dsapi_slave are still alive after the job finished

Post by dinagiza »

Hi, all.
i've tried to search the forum but i didn't find anything that seems to be the same...
We have a number of projects. Every project has a main sequence job that executes all other jobs in this project. These sequences run from Control M using the following command:
C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\DSJOB" -server XXX -run -jobstatus -wait -userstatus %PROJ% %RUNJOB%
Once or twice a week we have a situation when the sequence finished it's running (we can see it from the director log), but Control M does not recognize that the job finished. More then this, we can still see in our task manager the dsapi_slave.exe and dsjob.exe proccesses for this specific job. And when we run the LIST.READU from DS Administrator, we can see the RT_CONFIGjobnum lock of this specific job.
Like i said before, it happens once or twice a week. It happens with different jobs, different projects.
Any ideas?
Thank you very much
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, no, not really. Any kind of a pattern here when this happens? Different jobs and projects, ok, but are other activities running on that server at that time? Perhaps anti-virus? That's one thing that pops into my head as a possible culprit that we've seen wreak havoc in the past.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers