Update a READONLY routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rbpty
Premium Member
Premium Member

Update a READONLY routine

Post by rbpty »

Hello All,
I have created a routine and made it a readonly by exporting the routine and replacing the READONLY from "0" to "1" in DSX file. I imported that routine into another project and trying to change the READONLY status to Not Read Only by executing the below command in Administrator.

UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET READONLY ='NRO' WHERE DSRID ='myroutinename';

But the above command does not seem to work as I am getting the message "DataStage/SQL: 0 records updated."

Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance..
mike..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Problem is, that's a 7.x solution for an 8.x problem. With the XMETA repository, I'd imagine you'd need to run some sort of equivalent DML there nowadays. However, not sure if anyone has figured out or posted what that would be yet. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rbpty
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rbpty »

Can anyone know or used the DML statements to update the readonly status on the routines in the Version 8.0. If yes, please shed some light on the DML statements.

I searched the entire documentation and found nothing useful.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Mike..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There isn't any. No-one's hacked (or admitted to hacking) the unified metadata repository database yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
virgenie
Participant

Re: Update a READONLY routine

Post by virgenie »

rbpty wrote:Hello All,
I have created a routine and made it a readonly by exporting the routine and replacing the READONLY from "0" to "1" in DSX file. I imported that routine into another project and trying to change the READONLY status to Not Read Only by executing the below command in Administrator.

UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET READONLY ='NRO' WHERE DSRID ='myroutinename';

But the above command does not seem to work as I am getting the message "DataStage/SQL: 0 records updated."

Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance..
mike..
With 8.1 version, export your routine and change your dsx with 0. Then delete your routine in your project in the developer, you need to be administrator, and import it again.
kvsudheer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Update a READONLY routine

Post by kvsudheer »

Mike,
I am new to DataStage with just one year experience.
can you please tell me how can we replace the READONLY from "0" to "1" in DSX file. Can we open .dsx file on a windows machine to change from "0" to "1"
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The .dsx file is a text file and can be modified with the editor of your choice.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Exactly, Just open it in any editor look for that routine name (Identifier) and then look for Readonly "1" change it to Readonly "0".
Save it and then delete the orignal routine from repository and import it from the modified dsx file.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
kvsudheer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kvsudheer »

Thanks..i got it