No Log seen from Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kab123
Participant

No Log seen from Director

Post by kab123 »

We Just installed WebSphere DataStage 8.1 and imported Jobs from 7.5.1 and compilled them. When tried to test run some jobs the Job aborts and we couldnot see any log in the director (0 entries). would like to know the reason if it was configuration problme or somethign but couldnt see the log :oops:
any ideas please..??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hmm. Are your logs in the unified repository for Information Server or in the local repository (you do have that choice)? Does double-click on the entry in Status view provide any more information? Maybe the job didn't get far enough through starting to log any entries. Are you looking at the log for the correct job? Can you run the job from dsjob command line interface and, if so, what output do you get?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Try going into your DSParams file (in the Project directory) and switch the RTLogging and ORLogging settings. That seems to always do it for me. Note -- this disables sending the log details to xmeta, so may have an impact on the web reporting capabilities for the DS log, if you are using them.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

Ray, Double clicking on Status View gives Job Status Details, Description parameters etc..like it did in 7.5.1
Thanks
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

Thanks Ernie - This works, We are not using web reporting for now..I dont know if we use later..but it works now :D