Web Service operation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

Web Service operation

Post by srai »

Hi,

I have a requirement to consume web service operation using datastage job.

I know we can use Web service pack for consuming web service.

My requirement is to pass the input in form of array so that while calling web service operation It would make single call to webservice with as single input containg all the rows in one request and get the response of web service in tabular form.

It's some thing like- I have a sql server db which contains a tale called Tables1 with three colums and contains 50 rows.

I have to pass all these 50 rows in a single request to web service transformer stage so that it makes single call to web service and return the response in tabular form which cab be stored in text file.

First I would like to know how to implement this in DataStage and second do we need to write the WSDL doc (web service) in different way to implement this.

Thanks in advance.

Santosh
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It can be done...but requires some extra work. The WSPack cannot directly handle an array...so you will ultimately need to place xml stages around your WS Transformer.

Take a look at this link where I describe it and include a .dsx :

http://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2008/05 ... and-ouput/

Start small --- be sure you can get a service to work that uses a single row in and out...and also be sure that your array is one of relational rows (just a set of rows with columns).

Good luck!

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

eostic wrote:It can be done...but requires some extra work. The WSPack cannot directly handle an array...so you will ultimately need to place xml stages around your WS Transformer.

Take a look at this link where I describe it and include a .dsx :

http://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2008/05 ... and-ouput/

Start small --- be sure you can get a service to work that uses a single row in and out...and also be sure that your array is one of relational rows (just a set of rows with columns).

Good luck!

Hi Erine,

Thanks a lot for response.
But could not able to download the dsx as mentioned by you in the link provided by you.
Ernie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps you misspelled the URL. After all, you misspelled "Ernie". Some people are offended by that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

ray.wurlod wrote:Perhaps you misspelled the URL. After all, you misspelled "Ernie". Some people are offended by that. ...

I am very sorry for that.

But I am hitting the right URL and not getting the sample dsx over there.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For some reason, it thinks they're pdf files. Right-click on the link, 'Save target as' then after it's down rename to have a .dsx extension and you should be fine.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers