extract value from file in job sequnce

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

laknar
Participant

extract value from file in job sequnce

Post by laknar »

having a file which contains a numeric digit.
how can i extract from the file in job sequence
Regards
LakNar
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Is it possible to describe what you want to achieve in full rather that in parts.

I assume Ray has answered few of your questions. Have you worked on them?

Can you provide a glimpse of your knowledge with the product so that others can guide you appropriately.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For 'knowledge of the product' one can always click on a poster's name and see how they ranked themselves when they setup their profile, hopefully they were being honest when they did so. And they keep it up-to-date. :wink:

Now, as to the problem at hand (which I assume is related to the StartLoop question asked earlier) as noted, Ray has already posted a solution for that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Craig,

I did not intend to be rude and am not ignorant of the poster profile mechanism.

But there are examples given in the tutorial and search is available. Also Ray had answered similar post before.

The questions raised indicated more of requirement of reading through the docs rather than posting and waiting for "handhold"ing answer.

More like RTM (without the F in the middle).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:I did not intend to be rude and am not ignorant of the poster profile mechanism.
I know, but many people are - hence my post. It wasn't specifically addressed to anyone.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers