Hash File Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At one point the hashed file (note - it's not "hash" file) was not completely deleted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ravindrag
Participant

Post by ravindrag »

ray.wurlod wrote:At one point the hashed file (note - it's not "hash" file) was not completely deleted. ...
You mean to say that at that particular run the hashed file was not deleted completely before overwriting. Is this an intermittent error that i got, as the job finished successfully each time i executed after this abort.
Please let me know
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Jump in your time machine and go back to the run before the abort. This is the only way you can find out for sure.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It can happen infrequently when you use the 'Delete before' option. As Ray noted, there can be situations where it can't delete everything completely and you get errors of this nature.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers