Authentication for WSDL Using DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

Authentication for WSDL Using DataStage

Post by srai »

Hi All,

I have got one WSDL that would consume web service consume with DataStage. We have been asked to put the username/password that we will use to authenticate to the web service using the Basic Authentication HTTP Header.

has anybody have any idea about this process. How to put username/password for Authentication?
How to pass user name and password thru DataStage.

Please reply me asap possible.
Its very critical and I am very new to web services.

Help appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Satosh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent".

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. When you posted it was around about 3am where Ernie (WISL while you work) Ostic, our guru in all things ISD, lives - chances are he was asleep.

If you need urgent help, sign up with your official support provider for priority service, and learn just how much "urgent" costs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srai
Participant

Re: Authentication for WSDL Using DataStage

Post by srai »

Hi,

Does anybody has any idea about implementing the security part in DataStage for WSDL?

srai wrote:Hi All,

I have got one WSDL that would consume web service consume with DataStage. We have been asked to put the username/password that we will use to authenticate to the web service using the Basic Authentication HTTP Header.

has anybody have any idea about this process. How to put username/password for Authentication?
How to pass user name and password thru DataStage.

Please reply me asap possible.
Its very critical and I am very new to web services.

Help appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Satosh.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's built into the Stages. There is a tab on the stage for specifying security and whether you want SSL encryption or not.... this is for basic HTTP authentication, which most sites use.

...importing the WSDL is not always so easy though--- you may need to obtain a copy of the WSDL locally...the importer doesn't have an HTTP option.

...strongly consider also having an external tool available to test the service with. Rational Data Architect or many of the other IBM Eclipse based tools have a Web Service Explorer option....I also like a few other tools like SOAPscope (from Mindreef now part of Progress) and StrikeIron...

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Try using free Oracle Jdeveloper to test your web service.