NLS Schedule

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datability_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

NLS Schedule

Post by datability_user »

I have one server(windows 2000 SP4) working for 3 years take from many source to Oracle DB without problems at NLS , then we add new server which has info. as above for the same Project of production i.e. Standby .
My problem in Standby is when i run project by manual running , we don't have any problem but when i run the project by Schedule running appear the arabic word like reverse word .
PLZ any one can help me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome to DSXchange, sala'am.

Please compare the job logs when you run the job manually compared with when you run from a job sequence. In particular do you notice any difference in the environment variables or in the NLS settings for any stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datability_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by datability_user »

Dear ray,
Thanks for your reply ,
the difference for Environment Variable settings was :
for manual running :
we have
1. USER="name of PC"\"User Name"
but we don't have line contain 'USER=' for schedule running .
2. also for the path of Temp is different.
3. DS_USERNO is different.

but for the NLS settings no difference .

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I must confess that I have never seen Arabic or Hebrew presented left-to-right in server jobs. And the fact that it only occurs when run from a scheduler is even more mystifying. Please keep your support provider (GBM?) involved. For the moment all I can ask you to do is to look for ANY differences in the log - what you've reported so far are not the cause of this problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.