how to generate config file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monaz
Participant

how to generate config file

Post by monaz »

Hi,
Can anyone guide me how to use config file as the input to the job.

Requirement- I am using a sybase stage with a stored procedure contains more than 7 left outer joins to the master table and then using sort and aggregator stage (Max() function for row to column conversion) and loading into sequential file. since the file gets created everyday with more than 1lakh records.

so client has guided me to use the same stored procedure and run on unix machine and create a config file for that stored procedure and call the job.

So please if someone is aware let me know how to use config file as the input to the job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please explain what a "config file" actually means in the context (that of a Sybase stored procedure executed from the command line, presumably). Do you mean a "script file"? Can you provide an example?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
monaz
Participant

Post by monaz »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please explain what a "config file" actually means in the context (that of a Sybase stored procedure executed from the command line, presumably). Do you mean a "script file"? Can you provide an examp ...
Ray,
You have understood correct, can you please guide me in how can we execute the stored procedure in command line ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be a conversation to have with your DBA or someone else in your organization whom may already have something you could leverage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers