user's permissions on windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Elozm
Participant

user's permissions on windows

Post by Elozm »

Hi there

I want to restrict the users to their functions over the SO this is on DS 7.5.2, due this I would like to know what are the permisions I need to set for the users to the following tasks.

reindex jobs
unblock jobs
schedule jobs
send mails

for example:

import/export projects rw on project's folder

Thanks a lot for your help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. You can not reindex a job. You can only reindex repository tables. If users have developer's privileges you can not easily restrict their ability to index the tables in which their metadata are stored. The only way of which I can think is the "fourth line of remote" security mechanism for VOC entries, which you can learn about in UniVerse documentation.

2. Not sure what you mean by "unblock". The UNLOCK command is restricted to those classed as DataStage administrators.

3. Scheduling through Director or scheduling through a third-party scheduler? The former uses AT so you could restrict access to that command at the operating system level.

4. Sending mail works through a template file in the project directory and ultimately through an operating system level executable (maybe blat.exe). Easiest, probably, is to restrict access to the executable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Elozm
Participant

Post by Elozm »

Thanks a lot for your help Ray, and yes, i was refering to UNLOCK :oops: