running a datastage server job from Windows batch file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gxhpainter
Premium Member
Premium Member

running a datastage server job from Windows batch file

Post by gxhpainter »

I am trying to invoke a DataStage job from a windows batch file. I am passing in a parameter. I have read the skimpy notes in the Admin guide but the job will still not run. If I issue the command from a command window the command string works properly but within the windows .bat file it doesn't

DSJOBS.bat :
echo C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -run -param LSPARMIN=1199228833 LSTESTING GaryTest1

any suggestions? I have tried also this command syntax :
echo C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -user gary -password gary123 -run -param LSPARMIN=1199228833 LSTESTING GaryTest1
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? 'Echo' is a command to write to the screen whatever information comes next, it doesn't run anything. Get rid of it, then see what happens.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you want the command to be echoed to the screen you need to keep the echo command, but you still need a dsjob command.

Code: Select all

echo C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -run -param LSPARMIN=1199228833 LSTESTING GaryTest1 
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -run -param LSPARMIN=1199228833 LSTESTING GaryTest1 
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gxhpainter
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks

Post by gxhpainter »

Thanks for the tips. THEY WORKED!... I can now invoke DataStage Server jobs from our AS/400 ( iSeries) from within iSeries CL programs using the RUNRMTCMD. Pretty slick. we have jobs that dump data into staging tables and then need to invoke DataStage to process them and send them into another system.

Thanks for everyone's help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Time to mark the post as Resolved then it seems, using the green button at the top of the screen!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers