Regarding UVSH Processes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yalamanchili
Participant

Regarding UVSH Processes

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi,

When I am Executing an Interface Sequence, In the datastage Server task manager i could see lot number of UVSH processes getting created.

If the sequence is getting aborted, the UVSH process are not getting cleared from the task manager.

Can anyone please tell when UVSH process are generated in server?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Each job sequence, each server job and each Transformer stage in a server job will generate a uvsh process (though directly-connected Transformer stages may share the same uvsh process).

Ordinarily when a job aborts they are cleaned up automatically. However, if they are still waiting on some event (such as rows to be delivered from or sent to a database server), they may wait for quite some time.

You may like to check whether they are holding (or being held by) any network connection, for example using the netstat command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.