unable to insert the records in oracle table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prams
Participant

unable to insert the records in oracle table

Post by prams »

Hi
i am inserting into oracle table through datastage job but the job getting aboring due to this fatal error
the error message is like this.
"esql complaint: ORA-14400: inserted partition key does not map to any partition"

can any one help me in this regard, how to proced further steps to take to get into insert the records.

Thanks in Advance

Prams
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

I'd suspect you are using 'Oracle' as the partitioning type on the target stage and the data going into the table, in respect of the partitioning keys defined on that table, don't add up somehow. Consult your Oracle DBA to find out what the table is partitioned on and see if you can find any erroneous looking data on the input, specifically on those attributes.
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

PS. This was posted under server, whereas it's an EE job :)
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
gnan_gun
Participant

Post by gnan_gun »

Hi,

Whatever data u r inserting into that target table is not matching with your table partition condition. Please go through your table creation DDL command or u can view in SQL Navigator --> ur server -->ur schema -->Tables -->choose ur table -->Table Partitions.