Summation in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Summation in transformer

Post by veera24 »

Hi all,
Is there any function to sum up the value in the transformer stage itself?or should i go with Aggregator stage alone for summation?

Your time would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Veera.....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Stage variable using "+". SDK routine "RowProcRunningTotal". Or an Aggregator stage. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Stage variable using "+". SDK routine "RowProcRunningTotal". Or an Aggregator stage. :wink: ...
Craig,
I can view this routine in the palette but not in the column derivation.What shall i do?Should i compile the routine before?

Your time would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
veera
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's already compiled. Sorry, but I don't undestand what "but not in the column derivation" means. Do you mean via the ellipsis (...)? :?
-craig

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:It's already compiled. Sorry, but I don't undestand what "but not in the column derivation" means. Do you mean via the ellipsis (...)? :? ...
No. When i tried to use that function in the column derivation of the transformer, its not being showed. Could you explain,why?
Thanks in advance...
veera...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Again, you have not explained what "not being showed" means. Transforms trump routines so you need to look under DS Transform rather than DS Routine, is that your issue?
-craig

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Again, you have not explained what "not being showed" means. Transforms trump routines so you need to look under DS Transform rather than DS Routine, is that your issue? ...
Yes craig. I'm really very sorry. The routine was not being displayed in the derivation. As you said its available in DSTransforms.

Thanks for your valuable time.
Thanks in advance...
veera...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nothing to be sorry about, part of the learning experience of transforms versus routines. I'm sure there's a "full Wurlod" on the subject here somewhere. :wink:
-craig

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Nothing to be sorry about, part of the learning experience of transforms versus routines. I'm sure there's a "full Wurlod" on the subject here somewhere. :wink: ...
Ofcourse craig. Anyways, Thanks for your kindful reply. I'm happy about that now.
Thanks in advance...
veera...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A little old but still perfectly valid. Only odd thing to know about the Oliver Archives is they are records from a "list server" and thus all emails, so start from the bottom and read up.

viewtopic.php?t=82321

Just to add: some people reply at the top, some at the bottom. Some properly quote what they are replying to, some don't. At little messy but good information there.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

RowProcRunningTotal is a transform function (which is to be found in Routines), not a Transform.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Granted, but the ellipses/picker will only show it in the DS Transform section because there is one (a transform) defined over that routine, hence the discussion re: it 'not showing up'. The vast majority of sdk routines fall into that category.
-craig