IPC_out stage not writing rows to Target table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tirumal_nit
Participant

IPC_out stage not writing rows to Target table

Post by tirumal_nit »

Hi,

One of our OWS job is hanging at IPC_out (IPC out stage) stage. Even after 10, 12 hrs IPC out stage is not writing a single row to the Target table.

I've tried with different set of IPC paramter values (AZ, TZ and turned on the row buffering option) but nothing is worked out.

Please help me out on this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by tirumal_nit on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Tirumal G
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please advise what you mean by "IPC_out stage". I am not aware of any such stage type, particularly in version 5.

Please advise all the stage types used in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tirumal_nit
Participant

Post by tirumal_nit »

Hi Rey,

I am sorry, it is version 7x.

This is actually a incremental loading job using the CRC logic.

IPC_out is a Inter-process stage.

The job mainly have Source DRS stage, IPC_in, CRC logic (row merge, Transformer and row split stages), IPC_out and target DRS stage.

JOb is running fine till the IPC_out stage input link but hanging at IPC_out without writing any rows to the target DRS stage.

I've tried with different set of IPC paramater values but still experiencing the same problem.

Please advise me.
Thanks,
Tirumal G
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Might be your target table is locked, Check for any locks on your target table and release it.

Based on the design, it seems you are using Peoplesoft Delivered Jobs, why cant you raise a case with your official support?