Copy file From Unix to Windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy file From Unix to Windows

Post by DeepakCorning »

Is there any way to copy flat files from an Unix system to Windows through ASCL?

Thanks
Thanks
Deepak Patil

Convince Them Confuse Them .. What's the difference?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If by "ASCL" you mean DataStage then yes. But there's no point. In DataStage you would use an FTP stage; you don't need DataStage in the mix to do this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Need to automate this thts why need to do it in Datastage... Clients don't have an scheduler...
Thanks
Deepak Patil

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clients DO have a scheduler. Every operating system has a scheduler. In UNIX it's cron or at and in Windows it's AT.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, the same scheduler that DataStage would leverage. You could script the whole process and schedule it through cron, or if you're more comfortable with DataStage, use a Sequence job to run the file transfer then check and do the notification if there are problems.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Sorry I must have clarified that... They do not want to use Windows Scheduler etc etc. I am aware of that Datastage uses the same , but we are gettign there... Will require some time to convince them.

Okay going back to the main question I blv Ftp is the only way I guess then.
Thanks !!
Thanks
Deepak Patil

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, but it's likely to be the easiest. If "they" don't want to use AT, they are almost certain not to want to use a tool like Samba to mount the disks of one operating system on the other. But it's do-able, in which case DataStage could read from the one and write to the other.