Restartable sequence jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketanshah123
Participant

Restartable sequence jobs

Post by ketanshah123 »

Hi All ,

We have created certain server jobs for interface say ABC.Those jobs are for extraction, transformation, load. Then we have created certain sequence jobs for extraction, transformation, load where all the severs jobs are added . These seuence jobs are then added in master sequence job of our DataWarehouse.

Currently if any jobs of interface ABC fails we are not able to restart the Interface/seuence jobs.

My querry is we need to make changes to existing sequnece jobs (may be create a new sequnce job) so that they can be restartable.

So what chnages do I need to do to make these sequnce job restartable ?

Thanx in advance ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the "restartable" check box in the sequence compiler options (in job properties) and re-compile the sequence. Are you comfortable with what that will and won't give you?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ketanshah123
Participant

Post by ketanshah123 »

thanx for your suggestion. I am aware of wht it will also gone thru DataStage PDF anf got clear understanding of it.

Can you please explain relation between restartable sequence job and execution action option RUN and Reset if required, run
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Reset if required is needed to rerun an aborted job, a key need when building restartable Sequence jobs. If you simply say "Run" and the job is Aborted, the attempt to rerun the job will fail.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketanshah123
Participant

Post by ketanshah123 »

chulett wrote:Reset if required is needed to rerun an aborted job, a key need when building restartable Sequence jobs. If you simply say "Run" and the job is Aborted, the attempt to rerun the job will fail. ...
Thank you very much ... Now I am able to create a restartable sequence job n its working fine