Cannot get exclusive access to executable file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot get exclusive access to executable file

Post by sujaoschin »

Hi,

I ran the first job whose output is the input to second job. when I tried to run the second job it is throwing the compilation error of 'cannot get exclusive access to executable file '. When I opened the input of 2nd job it has all the records of first job. What could be the problem. In director, it is showing the 'unable to find the resource locator'

Please help me what to do?
Sujatha K
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The message "'cannot get exclusive access to executable file" usually means you are trying to compile a running job or the job is being monitored. Not sure about the "resource locator" one, have you tried searching the forums for that phrase?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

No, Chulett. I didn't check for the phrase mentioned by you. I need to check now becoz as this is the important file to be generated for going alive for my project.

So what I did is, I created a copy of the 'problem job' and compiled and ran the job. It worked fine.

Actually what happened is, I am unable to stop/reset the job and no one is monitoring the job and the job didn't get locked also.

But I want to know why this problem occured suddenly.
Sujatha K
Sathishkumarins
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sathishkumarins »

Hi,

Probably job might be corrupted.
awais
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by awais »

Is there any way we can get the file released from the lock ?
Awais