How to use EtlStats recursively?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JKenklies
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to use EtlStats recursively?

Post by JKenklies »

Hi,

I installed Kim Duke's ETL Stats. All I need is the content of the table ETL_JOB_HIST. I don't need the generated HTML files (they remain empty anyways... but thats another case.)

I have DSJobReportDbDriver attached to our main sequence and one of the (Main-) sub-sequences. The whole processing of our main sequence takes some hours. DSJobReportDbDriver takes some time to run, too. If I would use DSJobReportDbDriver in every sequence I think that would slow down the hole thing with significant impact, because we have lots of subsequences.

Is there any chance that I can run DSJobReportDbDriver (or similar) only for the main sequence and it finds all jobs in all sub-sequences in any depth? I would feel much happier if I knew that the ETL-Stats are running all after the real urgent stuff has finished.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

With EtlStats you get all source code, so you should be able to modify it to do what to ask. I don't believe treewalking a nested hierarchy of job sequences is possible out of the box, but it ought not to be that difficult to do.

But you will need to make decisions about which run of a job that might be run from more than one sequence, or even more than once in the same sequence, ought to be reported - that is, you may need to obtain the job start time stamp as well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

When you run DSJobReportDbDriver use ALL for JobName and it will get row counts on all jobs. You can also use a sequence name or a folder name. So if all your jobs are in one folder then it will get all row counts for all jobs in that folder.
Mamu Kim
JKenklies
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JKenklies »

Thank you for the fast replies. I'll try that.