how to release adatastage job,which is locked

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qutesanju
Participant

how to release adatastage job,which is locked

Post by qutesanju »

hi
how to release a datastage job which is being locked ?
I closed datastage by END-TASK ,Can anybody guide me on how to release a job which is locked by above procedure?
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

why not search!!

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

dont you think this is a generic problem? you should have searched for similar posts.

viewtopic.php?t=95371
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

if you are in windows, and are getting yourself trtained,,,then click start->run->services.msc
identify the three datastage services by their name and restart them.
SagarMelam
Participant

Post by SagarMelam »

You can go to datastage director and use cleanup resources optin to find out the process id of the job and end that process so u can release the job by this manner
Sagar
SagarMelam
Participant

Post by SagarMelam »

You can go to datastage director and use cleanup resources optin to find out the process id of the job and end that process so u can release the job by this manner
Sagar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Never, ever kill a DataStage process with End Task. You can use Cleanup Resources from Director or the DS.TOOLS menu on the server.

Configure the deadlock daemon (dsdlockd) to run; this will automatically clean up locks held by defunct processes. You can also (as administrator) invoke dsdlockd -p (in "probe" mode) which may clean up locks.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.