Sequence Aborted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sia_999
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequence Aborted

Post by sia_999 »

I am running a sequence, it has 10 calling job activity, after completing the fourth or fifth job I am getting this error.

Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(FORM_SEQ1000), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]

Ilyas
ilyas
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

One possibility is that your system is overloaded and the last one takes so long to initiate thatis causes a timeout. If you monitor your system load using your favorite monitoring tool (such as vmstat) while this sequence runs does the system begin to page or swap and what is the CPU load?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's pretty much the possibility, which a search for "Timed out while waiting for an event" would quickly reveal.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, you can also get this if one of the databases to which you're connected is in a "not ready" state.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, you can also get this if one of the databases to which you're connected is in a "not ready" state, or takes too long to execute your "query from hell".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting... haven't seen that, the event it typically times out waiting for from what I've seen is for the job to start.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sia_999
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sia_999 »

Thank you very much for responsing immediately, Actually there was around 30 jobs were lock, due to that I was getting sequence aborted, I unlock all the jobs then I re-run the sequence then I runs perfectly.
ilyas