Problem with the DRS stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tirumal_nit
Participant

Problem with the DRS stage

Post by tirumal_nit »

Hi,

In my job, I have a DRS stage which picks the rows from table A in the source system. When I query the table A using sql plus, I got around 525 rows.

But I am not able to view data from DRS stage and run the job it is taking more than 5,6 hrs without returning any rows.

I am using same default used id, password and connection as with the other jobs and able to run these jobs successfully.

When I stopped the job it is aborting with timeout error. I tried with maximum allowable timeout value 600.

Could someone please suggest me about the issue which causing me not able to viewdata from DRS stage and run the job successfully.

Can I try importing the job again?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Tirumal G
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

Try a simple job (DRSStage ---> Sequential File) and see how that goes, still if you have same issue then think about DRSStage or if your simple jobs runs fine then think about your job design, what are the satges you have after DRSStage.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
By William A.Foster