DataStage and Oracle Programmer 2000

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harshkohli
Participant

DataStage and Oracle Programmer 2000

Post by harshkohli »

We use DataStage XE 7.x on HP Unix and our database is Oracle 9i. We have another product 'Oracle Programmer 2000' on Unix for which our company pays the annual support. But we are NOT sure which product requires Oracle Programmer 2000. Our development team does not use Oracle Programmer 2000. Now the company is trying to find whether we need to renew the support for this product or not and if we need then which product requires this. Is in any way DataStage need 'Oracle Programmer 2000'? I think it does not but want to make sure.

Thanks
Harsh Kohli
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

I usded to use Oracle 2000 Developer Forms and Reports, but I haven't heard about "Oracle programmer 2000" product. No, you don't need that for DS.
filename.txt
Participant

Post by filename.txt »

Below is the info I found....

Oracle Programmer
Oracle Programmer is a separate Oracle product that provides a programmatic interface to any edition of Oracle Database for application programmers. Programmer provides a rich set of interfaces for developers who build enterprise applications that access and manipulate Oracle Database. This product is licensed separately from the Oracle Database products. Oracle Programmer is a family of the following products:
■ Three embedded SQL-style interfaces: precompilers, SQL*Module, and SQLJ
■ Four call-level interfaces: Oracle Call Interface (OCI), Oracle C++ Call Interface (OCCI), ODBC, and JDBC
■ Two COM data access interfaces: Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) and Oracle Provider for OLE DB
■ Microsoft .Net support: Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET), OLE DB .NET,and ODBC .NET
■ Two utilities to generate host-language bindings from database schemas: Object Type Translator and JPub

Hope this is use ful for you :)
Thanks.

"Creativity is the ability to use your available resources to their fullest."