Abnormal Stage termination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Abnormal Stage termination

Post by saraswati »

Error Log:Abnormal termination of stage invEMEAInventorySnapshotStep2..sellable_xform detected

sellable_xform is a transformer reading from a seq file having n record.
Whenever the job is started it is aborting after reading n-1 records.I do not find anything unusual with the last record in the seq file.

The project has been migrated to a new server and this is the first time this job is running in the new env.

Pls suggest.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

reset the job and look into the log entry "from previous run" to see if additional information is available. Also, try adding one more record to the file (copy the first record to the end) and see if the error is now n-2, which would mean the actual data record is bad, or still n-1.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

I have copied the first record to the last position.It is still aborting , being unable to extract the last record.

The project has moved to a new Unix box recently and this is the first run , so no prior info is available in the new box.Both the logs are same until the termination happens.

Can this be related to some EOF character ? To check this I have FTP's the seq file from the old box(where the job was finishing successfully) to the current box and still the problem persists.

There are 11 transformer used in the job , can the processing load be high ? Is there a way to check this?

Can anyadmin setting be realated to this?

Thank you for your suggestion in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ArndW wrote:reset the job and look into the log entry "from previous run" to see if additional information is available.
Did you append the 1st record to the end, or replace the last record? Also, is the error still in the n-1 position?
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Abnormal Stage termination

Post by vivekgadwal »

saraswati wrote:Error Log:Abnormal termination of stage invEMEAInventorySnapshotStep2..sellable_xform detected

sellable_xform is a transformer reading from a seq file having n record.
Whenever the job is started it is aborting after reading n-1 records.I do not find anything unusual with the last record in the seq file.

The project has been migrated to a new server and this is the first time this job is running in the new env.

Pls suggest.
Saraswati,

At our shop, we are also being bugged by this abnormal termination error. I posted it here on dsxchange and got some good tips. This error, as I have learnt from experience and advice, can be because of anything that the code doesn't like ranging from bad data to low settings for TabSize tables!

As ArndW suggested, please see if there is any error message being logged in the Job log after you re-set the job! If so, please go ahead and post it.

Also, I was wondering if this job has hashed files present and it runs when a lot of other jobs are running in the same environment!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted