Parameter Sets in Shared Containers - how does that work?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smithbry
Participant

Parameter Sets in Shared Containers - how does that work?

Post by smithbry »

I have created a server job that is set up with a parmeter set that contains three Oracle Stage Login parameters (SID,Login,Password). This parameter set is used by a shared container within the job. When the job is compiled, the error says: "No definition found for shared container parameter parameter set name". The parameter set name is in the properties tab of the shared container and does not allow changes to it. What would need to be changed to make this work?
Bryan E. Smith
Business Information Systems
Lead Programmer/Analyst
Tyson Foods Inc.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

you want to change the parameter settings?
why dont you create one more new parameter set for container itself!
just try whichever works best for you.
smithbry
Participant

Post by smithbry »

Nagaraj wrote:you want to change the parameter settings?
why dont you create one more new parameter set for container itself!
just try whichever works best for you.
My question rephrased would be how do you use parameter sets with shared containers within a server job? I am using the parameter set from the sequencer to the server job to the shared container. This parameter set contains three parameters which are used in the shared container. Example:
EDSAPPID = parameter set name which contains the following parameters:
$evEDSAPP_SID
$evEDSAPP_ORA_LOGIN
$evEDSAPP_ORA_PASS
The shared container properties tab shows the EDSAPPID parameter set name with #EDSAPPID# in the parameter value column as expected from the server job parameter list but this gives the compilation error as mentioned earlier.
Bryan E. Smith
Business Information Systems
Lead Programmer/Analyst
Tyson Foods Inc.