How to call excel macro

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajendharreddy
Participant

How to call excel macro

Post by rajendharreddy »

Hi,

I have data in excel. I can convert the data into CSV format and read the data from DS Job. A macro is being called in the excel. When DS job runs, excel macro should execute along with the job on the data and write the data to output (text) file.

Can anybody let me know how to call an excel macro from a DS Job?

Thanks..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since your DataStage server is on Windows, why not just read the .xls file directly via ODBC?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajendharreddy
Participant

Post by rajendharreddy »

Thanks for the suggession. I can read data from excel, but how to execute macro which is being called in excel.

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh, I thought the macro wrote the speadsheet out as a csv so you could 'read' it. Unless someone can tell you how to run it, perhaps incorporate the macro's logic into the DataStage job?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can it be made an "auto run" macro that runs when the workbook is opened? Can you invoke a macro as if it were a stored procedure? Just ideas - no idea if they will work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.