Password Feild Read in Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Password Feild Read in Routine

Post by shershahkhan »

I am trying to run before routine which is reading the parametrs values

Code: Select all

StatusId = JobName:'.':STAGECOM.WAVE.NUM
      Readv ParamValues From DSRTCOM.RTSTATUS.FVAR, StatusId, JOB.PARAM.VALUES On Error
         Release DSRTCOM.RTSTATUS.FVAR, JobName On Error Null
         Call DSLogFatal('File read error for ':StatusId:' on ':StatusFileName:'. Status = ':Status(),GetHeader)
      End Else
         Call DSLogFatal('Failed to read ':StatusId:' record from ':StatusFileName,GetHeader)
      End
      Call DSLogInfo ('ParamValues = ':ParamValues,GetHeader)
In the log the password feild are shown as encrytped values, i modify some parameters values and then write them back

Code: Select all

Writev ParamValues On DSRTCOM.RTSTATUS.FVAR, StatusId, JOB.PARAM.VALUES On Error
         Call DSLogFatal('File write error for ':StatusId:' on ':StatusFileName:'. Status = ':Status(),GetHeader)
      End Else
         Call DSLogFatal('Unable to write ':StatusId:' record on ':StatusFileName:'. Status = ':Status(),GetHeader)
      End
      STAGECOM.JOB.STATUS<JOB.PARAM.VALUES> = ParamValues
When i use the password feild inside the job while executing it its working fine, but when i am passing the password feild in the after job routine, the value i am getting it is in encrypted form so my custom script doesn't recognize the password as its in encrypted form and not the plain text. Can anyone let me know how to solve this problem that i can pass the value of the password feild in un-encrypted form. If the doesn't run the before routine then the after script is working file.