error on CREATE.FILE command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

z035011
Premium Member
Premium Member

error on CREATE.FILE command

Post by z035011 »

We are getting error while trying to create any new job or a copy of the existing job

"Error while creating job test 3
Error on CREATE.FILE command (An operating system file already exists with the name "RT_CONFIG1279".,yFile name = yFile not created.y)

the utilization of filesystem is 78% and when i ran the command ls -l | wc-l the O/P is 7196.

COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS
Unable to open DICT "DS_JOBOBJECTS"

two days before filesystem was full and project got corrupted so project restored from the previous backup.We are able to compile the job but not able to create any new job or make a copy of the existing.

Do I need to reindex the project or this is something different error?
can anyone please help me out here.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are probably other problems. Check DS_JOBOBJECTS for integrity using UVFIXFILE or the fixtool utility. Or COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS USING DICT VOC might also work. Also find out which job belongs to job number 1279 (SELECT * FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO = '1279';)

Reindexing is unlikely to be needed and is thus unlikely to help.

My guess is that there is at least one partially deleted job (the job formerly known as number 1279). You can use DS.CHECKER some time you have exclusive access to the project.

There may be more you need to do but it's impossible to tell yet. Tell us what results you obtained with the above suggestions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
z035011
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by z035011 »

Sorry but can you please tell me how to check this ?
COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS USING DICT VOC

When I am trying to find out the job name with command in administrator I am getting error "unable to open "D_DS_JOBS" file
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is very odd indeed. What about "COUNT VOC USING DICT VOC", does that return the same error as "COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS USING DICT VOC"?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

z035011 wrote:Sorry but can you please tell me how to check this ?
COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS USING DICT VOC
The same way you executed COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS - probably through the Administrator client window. This command will not generate any error about D_DS_JOBS (which can come from a query against DS_JOBS, but not from a query against DS_JOBOBJECTS).

So, either help us to help you by doing what we ask, or stop whingeing that other commands don't work. You have some major problems with this project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.