Main sequencer throwing error when running multiple hash

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Main sequencer throwing error when running multiple hash

Post by sujaoschin »

I have created 2 hash files for address and abbreviatons separately and created individual sequencer for address and abbreviations . Then I created one main sequencer which call the address and abbreviations to run concurrently and other jobs.

When I am running the main sequencer, abbreviations ran successfully but for address I got the below error .

BISEPS_ITEM_ADDRESS_HASH_SEQ..JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run
14:25:47: Sequence started (checkpointing on)
14:25:47: E_Validate_Header (COMMAND sh) started
14:25:47: E_Validate_Header finished, reply=0
14:25:47: J_Set_batch_Status (JOB Sct_Insert_Batch_status) started
14:25:47: Exception raised: @J_Set_batch_Status, Error calling DSRunJob(Sct_Insert_Batch_status), code=-2 [Job is not in the right state (compiled and not running)]
14:25:47: Sequence failed (restartable)

As per the above error, my address sequencer job was in compiled state. But when I tried to run the address sequencer individually it is running without any errors. I have checked the multiple instance also. I am facing problem when I try to run both the sequencer concurrenlty inside main sequencer. Please let me know what settings I need to do.
Sujatha K
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Main sequencer throwing error when running multiple hash

Post by chulett »

sujaoschin wrote:As per the above error, my address sequencer job was in compiled state.
No - the error says it was not in the 'right' state. And it defines 'right' as compiled and not already running. And the typical reason for that error in a Sequence job is that you tried to run a job that is already running. Should be easy enough to verify, compare the main job's log timestamps to the address job's log.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or you may be trying to run the same job multiple times either in the same job sequence or in concurrently running job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

I designed the sequencer in such a way that to run the abbreviations hash first and address hash next ( in series) instead of parallel. Now it is working fine.
Sujatha K