Scheduling DataStage Sequences with Zeke

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

danddmrs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Scheduling DataStage Sequences with Zeke

Post by danddmrs »

Our company has installed a Zeke Agent on our test DataStage server and required that scheduling of jobs be handled through Zeke instead of the DataStage scheduler.

I think I need to set up batch scripts that Zeke will use to pass parameters and execute DataStage sequences. Does anyone have any examples of how this needs to be set up they would be willing to share?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We have a single generic script that launches jobs (via 'dsjob' of course) that our Enterprise Scheduler Control-M uses for all DataStage jobs. Pretty sure a couple of examples have been posted here in the past, some more complex than others, that a search for dsjob should turn up. If you can weed through all the chaff, that is.

Also meant to note that the solution is the same regardless of the actual scheduler used - Zeke, Control-M, whatever.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

We use Zeke on our mainframes and Zena on our UNIX servers with DataStage. We have a shell script we call datastage_wrapper.ksh which runs our jobs. If you are part of a BlueCross then we might be able to share ours otherwise I doubt it. Most of us have many hours invested in these scripts. Ours is about 5 or 6 scripts now which work as one script.
Mamu Kim
danddmrs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by danddmrs »

Thanks for the responses. Found the solution searching with DSJOB (much weeding though).

Needed to get zeke to the datastage server

\\DSServerDNS\E$\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob -run -wait -param "param1name=param1value" -param "param2name=param2value" projectname jobname