Abnormal Termination of stage:TRN (Transformer Stage)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

2ksaint
Participant

Abnormal Termination of stage:TRN (Transformer Stage)

Post by 2ksaint »

Im getting "Abnormal Termination of stage" error message when running all the job, which was previously running.

I have tried all the information provided in the forum, still in vain...

job: Oci stage ----> Transformer stage --- > Oci stage
Just one to one mapping.

Note: No inprocess or interprocess is used, Tried enabling inprocess and interprocess and increasing the buffer size to 256 and timout to 100, still getting the same error message.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's different, what has changed? "Nothing" is not the correct answer, it may be the data, it may be the hardware, etc. Did you reset the job and, if so, was there any additional diagnostic information logged?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"All the job"? Every single job in your inventory looks like your example and fails with the exact same error message? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

when you reset the job, was there any message from "previous run"
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

thanks ray,chulett,srinagesh,

First, all jobs were running fine, Once we did changes in the transformer and we got error and then the error was rectified. Once its done the error start to appear.

This error occurs in all the jobs, not all jobs are altered, some where.

we tried resetting the job and still the issue persists
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let me clarify. You fixed something and suddenly everything is broken. Is that how it is?

If so may I strongly suggest that you back out that "fix" (you DO keep old versions of jobs, right?).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.